Section 1: Your information (name, email etc.)
Section 2: Tell us about your project
- Will it Need Power (and if so, what is your power plan)
- Does the piece incorporate flame effects, moveable pieces, and/or is it climbable?
- If it does incorporate flame effects, moveable pieces, and/or is climbable what is your safety plan? [(Note: if flame effects are used, your project will be subject to inspection by the Burnable Art Lead, who has final say if your project will burn during the event).]
Section 3: Tell us about you-Tell us about your experience and history with projects on the scale of the one you are proposing. *Not having experience does not disqualify you from consideration, though for especially ambitious projects it helps to have a plan to learn new skills you will need.
- Have you completed any other large scale art projects? (In this media? Where and when? How did the project go? Do you have pictures or recordings?)
- You may upload photos/recording of past projects here *You must have a Google account to do so.
- How much money do you need? (Up to $575) We are looking for a thorough itemized budget and the amount of grant money you are requesting.Please include a reasonably researched estimate of the cost of the materials you expect to need.
- If you want to upload something for the budget you can do that here:
- Have you received funding from any other entity or regional for this piece previously? If so, who and how much?
- What is your timeline detailing the planning, creation, installment, and removal of your project?
- Optional but encouraged: detailed drawings, CAD files/SketchUp documents, sketches, or other graphic illustrations of your creative concept.
- We would like the artists to give community workshops outside of Flipside. Do you think you have a workshop idea that could be provided to the community? If so, please tell us what it is.
- We will be having the 2021 Ignition Philter fundraiser after the fall town hall (usually held in late September/ early October.) Would you be willing to bring the piece back for that event?
Section 4: What you need to know:
- By applying for this grant you agree that if given the funds you plan to:
- Work to compete your project by Flipside
- Save and provide receipts of materials greater than or equal to grant amount by 07/25/20. If you do not provide this information you be disqualified from receiving a grant in the future.
- Complete a follow up report so we can learn